Monday, 14 March 2016

Book Review: Unforgiven (Fallen #5) by Lauren Kate

Series: Fallen #5
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Publication Date: 10 November 2015
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Young Adult
Source: Purchased (Take-A-Lot)
Format: Soft Cover
Length: 386 Pages



Overview:
High school can be hell.

Cam knows what it’s like to be haunted. He’s spent more time in Hell than any angel ever should. And his freshest Hell is high school, where Lilith, the girl he can’t stop loving, is serving out a punishment for his crimes.

Cam made a bet with Lucifer: he has fifteen days to convince the only girl who really matters to him to love him again. If he succeeds, Lilith will be allowed back into the world, and they can live their lives together. But if he fails . . . there’s a special place in Hell just for him.

Tick-tock.



YouTube Book trailer





My Review:

I have so much love for this book!! This is the book that got me back into the reading world and made me fall into love all over again.. I went from reading 80 books in 2014 to not even finishing a book in 2015. Lauren Kate is one of my all time favourite authors and she is on my auto-buy list!!! When I saw she was releasing Cam's story.. trust me it went straight into my calendar. 

I have to add in... in 2013 I emailed Lauren on goodreads and she responded to me!!! I have so much love for this author. She is on my top to-meet list for sure!!

Characters & Storyline: 5/5
The characters are as colourful as always. Deep, meaningful, funny and developed. I was quite happy and excited to get to know Cam and unravel his mysterious past. The story line keeps you on your toes, even though I knew how it was going to end, the way it happened was still a surprise. 

Plot, Pace, Writing style: 5/5  
The plot is exciting, the pace is perfect as always. I took my time reading Unforgiven but it was worth it. 

I love Lauren Kate's writing style.. what can I say!!

Cover talk: 5/5
I adore the cover. It keeps to the Fallen feeling and fits perfectly (especially on my bookshelf). 

Final Thoughts:
An amazing book that makes me want to go and re-read the entire series all over again. 

My Rating:



Books in the series :


Author Bio:
Lauren Kate grew up in Dallas, went to school in Atlanta, and started writing in New York. 
She is the author of Fallen and The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove. She lives in Laurel Canyon with her husband and hopes to work in a restaurant kitchen, get a dog, and learn how to surf. 



Author Links: Goodreads l Website


Love

Chanzie


No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.